About The Course
The Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) module is one of the qualifications in the ITIL Service Capability work stream. Focusing on the practical application of PPO, the module enables capacity, availability, IT service continuity, information security and demand management.
The PPO course is designed to develop companies’ and professionals’ understanding of the ITIL Service Design processes. It helps ensure that the new and updated services, service management systems and tools, technology architecture, processes and measurement systems, methods and metrics are designed to meet user needs.
The content of the course is based mainly on the best practice guidance contained in the ITIL Service Design publication.
Who Should Apply
The target group of the ITIL Intermediate Qualification - Operational Support and Analysis Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- IT professionals
- Business managers
- Business process owners
This qualification can also be taken by the following:
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of how the ITIL Certificate may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support in the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes within an organization
- IT professionals who are working within an organisation that has adopted ITIL, and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programme
- Operational staff involved in capacity management, availability management, ITSCM, information security management, and demand management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert qualification is a prerequisite
Candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, attained through any of the three courses below:
- ITIL IT Service Management Essentials (V2) plus
- ITIL V2-V3 Foundations Bridging Course
- ITIL Foundations course
Your certificate in any of these three courses must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.